Thursday, October 6, 2011

SICILIAN CHICKEN STEW


This recipe is adapted from Rachel Ray show. I remember watching her cook this back in 2008. While I watched I was already telling my husband what ingredients I wasn't gonna add on mine. This is my husbands favorite soup dish. It's really good.


SICILIAN CHICKEN STEW

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ lbs chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)(cut into small pieces)
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
half medium sized white onion (chopped into large pieces)
4 stalks celery hearts (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (grated)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
32 oz chicken broth
28 oz can whole plum tomatoes (I use Hunts)
¼ cup basil (chopped)
½ cup parsley (curly)(minced)
parmesan cheese for topping

Directions:

Using a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and then stir occasionally until chicken is cooked. Add celery and onion, once onion is opaque (2 to 3 minutes), add garlic (stir, 1 minute). Add balsamic vinegar; let the chicken absorb the vinegar (1 to 1 ½ minutes). Add chicken broth and whole peeled tomatoes. Crush tomatoes using a potato masher. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add parsley and basil. Add salt to taste. Serve with Italian bread and top with parmesan cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment