Wednesday, August 10, 2011

EGGS BENEDICT

Per my sister request, I made this before I started my blog. My plan is to post recipe as I cook because I usually never measure ingredients. I do now :) I adapted this recipe from a taste of home magazine, the original recipe called for a different sauce but I like my eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce, thank goodness they have a hollandaise recipe, I adapted that too.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/


EGGS BENEDICT

INGREDIENTS:

4 poached eggs
2 English muffins, split and toasted
4 slices tomato
4 slices Canadian bacon

Layer muffin, tomato, Canadian bacon and egg. Top with sauce.

Hollandaise Sauce:

3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup butter (melted)
pepper


Using a double boiler over simmering water (like melting chocolate technique) whisk egg yolks, water and lemon juice until mixture is thick enough. Slowly add melted butter, whisk constantly. Add a dash of pepper.



No comments:

Post a Comment