Thursday, August 4, 2011

SHRIMP WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE

I made this last night for dinner. I was looking through my piles of cookbooks and I saw a small piece of paper with a recipe for lemon butter sauce. I remember writing it down back in 2007 and I never made it at all. I also didn't write down the instructions of cooking it, so I had to do a trial and error. I had to dump a whole pot of sauce because it didn't turn out right. I had to make a few changes to it so that it will taste according to my liking. In the end it all turned out great. Hope you enjoy the recipe below as much as my family did.

SHRIMP WITH LEMON BUTTER SAUCE

INGREDIENTS:

For sauce:
2 oz fresh lemon juice
4 oz whipping cream
1 cup unsalted butter
sea salt and fresh ground pepper


1 ½ tablespoon butter 
25 to 30 pieces frozen raw tail on shrimp (thawed)
1 oz pine nuts
2 handfuls of spinach
1 lb angel hair pasta
freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping

Directions:

Brown pine nuts using a small non-stick sauté pan, once pine nuts are lightly browned set aside.

Using a saucepot bring lemon juice to a boil over medium heat, once boiling turn heat to low, add whipping cream and stir using a whisk, add unsalted butter little by little and continuously whisk slowly until butter is melted, add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

In a sauté pan melt 1 ½ tablespoon of butter over medium to high heat, add shrimp, once shrimp is cooked all the way thru add pine nuts and spinach. Add shrimp mix to the sauce.

Cook pasta (al-dente) according to package direction.


Makes 3 to 4 servings





No comments:

Post a Comment