Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ROAST CHICKEN

Please make sure you have good exhaust fan and windows open. You are cooking with high temperature and it can get smoky. I had my fire extinguisher handy because it was my first time cooking with this high temperature. My fire alarm went off when I was cooking this and it scared me. If you are uncomfortable please don't try cooking it. I adapted this recipe from the Le Pichet blog.

I'm so sorry I didn't have butcher's twine so I didn't get to truss the chicken.

ROAST CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:

1 roasting chicken 3.5 lbs to 5 lbs
4 to 5 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon coarse salt
fresh ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven 500ºF. Clean chicken, truss with butcher's twine. Pour melted butter all over chicken, sprinkle coarse salt and a little bit of fresh ground black pepper. Roast chicken for about 50 to 55 minutes. Basting every 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment